Current Application Deadline: 18 December 2023 23:59
GOLDEN MICROSCOPE AWARD (GMA) 2023/24
The Golden Microscope Award is your chance to recognise and reward an excellent consultant trainer who has provided high quality postgraduate training in pathology.
The future of Pathology relies on the passing on of knowledge and the purpose of this award is to provide recognition for excellent postgraduate training in pathology and to ensure the continuation of the mission of the Pathological Society of Great Britain and Ireland.
Applications are encouraged from current pathology trainees to nominate a pathology consultant trainer who has excelled in delivering educational activities or content. The following key areas in applications will be assessed:
- Impact & benefit to trainee pathologists
- Engagement & communication.
The award is comprised of the Golden Microscope medal for the winning trainer & £100 book voucher prize for the trainee’s current department.
Guidance on submission
Please complete an application via the link below by deadline Monday 18th December 2023.
Terms & Conditions
1. The nominating person must be a member of the Society and based in the UK or Republic of Ireland. If they are a pathology trainee, they must have a national training number (NTN) or equivalent at the time of application. This includes out of programme trainees.
2. The nominated consultant trainer does not need to be a member of the Society but must be based in the UK or Republic of Ireland.
3. The nominated consultant trainer must be working in one of the branches of Cellular Pathology.
4. The nominating trainee must have been trained by the trainer within the last 12 months.
5. A successful trainer/nomination cannot be voted for again in subsequent years.
6. A £100 book voucher will be given to the nominating trainee’s department even when this is different from the department of the successful trainer.
7. Nominations will be judged by the Pathological Society Educational Subcommittee.
8. If a proposal is successful, the same trainee is prohibited from nominating the same trainer the following year. However, nominations from the same trainee for a different trainer are welcomed, as are nominations for the same trainer by a different trainee.
How do I nominate?
Apply for this grant
Winter Meeting - Dr Lisa Browning, Oxford, nominated by Dr Robert Pell, Oxford
Dr John Chapman, Ipswich nominated by Dr Katie L Dickinson, Ipswich