The undergraduate summer school is an excellent opportunity to find out more about a career in pathology and the amazing research opportunities available. You will find out about the diverse role of pathology in clinical medicine and how pathologists contribute to important advances in healthcare in the UK and beyond.
You can typically expect to…
- Hear about a ‘day-in-the-life’ of a pathologist
- Learn about innovative developments and the future of medicine
- Get to ask questions about a career in pathology
- Go on lab tours and participate in group activities
- Hear from leading experts across a variety of specialities
- Meet other students from different undergraduate courses
- Enjoy a delicious meal at a fancy venue (with overnight accommodation)!
Two undergraduate summer schools are organised each year:
April – hosted by the Pathological Society
- Open to all UK undergraduate students in any year of training.
August – hosted by the Royal College of Pathologists