- Starting PathSoc at your university
September 2, 2021
Universities often have a procedure for registering a society: your student union should be able to provide more information about how to do so. Additionally, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to register your society with us so that we can spread the word and ensure that you are well-supported.
A step-by-step guide:
1. Contact the pathology ambassador at your university.
2. Register your society at university and find out what support is available locally.
3. Set up social media accounts and groups.
4. Tell people about your society.
5. Encourage society members to join PathSoc.
6. Delegate roles to keep things running smoothly.
7. Plan events.
8. Apply for funding (via university or PathSoc)
9. Have fun!
Promoting your society
- Share events and photos on social media: create a new page or use existing undergraduate groups and pages. Please refer to the advice and guidelines provided by the Pathological Society in the Social Media Policy.
- Be interactive: try publishing a case-of the-month, small quizzes, and ask students what they would like your society to offer.
- Use the student union website: contact your university for more information.
- Host your own events: continue reading for ideas and advice.
- Collaborate with other societies and events: power in numbers.
- Set up stalls at Freshers fairs and career days: get chatting!
- Create posters and newsletters: share physically and/or via email.